Egorov Vadim Valer'evich, Teacher, Nizhny Novgorod Institute of Management, branch of Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (46 Gagarina avenue, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. Currently, more than 160 nationalities live in the Russian Federation. An important task of the authorities is to take into account the peculiarities of culture and historical experience of each specific nationality in order to build interethnic relations. Rich culture inheres in Hebrews. They are the people who have historical experience in building inter-ethnic relations in the difficult conditions of the unwillingness of a part of the Russian society and some representatives of the authorities to allow them to legally settle throughout the territory of the Russian Empire. The peculiarities of the interaction between the authorities and the police of Ivanovo-Voznesensk with the Jews clearly demonstrate the model of building relations of state bodies with the Jewish population beyond the limits of the permanent settled Jews. It seems that taking into account the positive experience and mistakes in the relations between the authorities and the Jews will help to avoid miscalculations in modern times and in the future.
Materials and methods. The implementation of research tasks was achieved through the use of documents from the State Archive of the Ivanovo Region. A special place is occupied by arrays of police reporting documents. All archival materials used in the article are first introduced into scientific circulation. The methodology of the article includes the dialectical method of knowledge, which allows to analyze the peculiarities of the interaction of local authorities with the Jews; statistical method, which allowed to study the number of Jews living in Ivanovo-Voznesensk.
Results. The features of the interaction of the authorities of Ivanovo-Voznesensk with the Jews are investigated. The peculiarities of settling certain categories of Jews in the Ivanovo-Voznesensk province in accordance with Russian legislation are considered. The characteristic features of the interaction of the police authorities with the Jews.
Conclusions. In the Ivanovo-Voznesensk province, only those categories of Jews who were allowed by law were allowed to freely establish themselves. Part of the Jews who settled in the province, were forced to do it illegally. Local authorities and police acted against the Jews in accordance with the law. In their behavior can not be traced rejection of the Jewish people or dismissive attitude to Judaism. The problem was the general imperial legislation, which did not meet the conditions of modernity and did not take into account the economic interests of the Jewish population.
Jews, Ivanovo-Voznesenskaya province, residency, legislation, Judaism
1. Gessen Yu. I. Zakon i zhizn': Kak sozdavalis' ogranichitel'nye zakony o zhitel'stve evreev v Rossii [Law and life: the origin of laws restraining residence of jews in Russia]. Saint-Petersburg, 1911, 193 p. [In Russian]
2. Mysh M. I. Rukovodstvo k russkim zakonam o evreyakh [Handbook of Russian laws about jews]. Saint-Petersburg, 1898, 548 p. [In Russian]
3. Orshanskiy I. G. Russkoe zakonodatel'stvo o evreyakh [Russian laws about jews]. Saint-Petersburg, 1877, 456 p. [In Russian]
4. Pul'kin M. V. Politika, gosudarstvo, pravo [Politics, state, law]. 2014. Available at: http://politika.snauka.ru/2014/02/1234 [In Russian]
5. Larin Yu. Evrei i antisemitizm v SSSR [Jews and anti-Semitism in the USSR]. Moscow, 1929, 311 p. [In Russian]
6. Romanenko A. Z. O klassovoy sushchnosti sionizma [On class essence of Zionism]. Leningrad, 1986, 256 p. [In Russian]
7. Savinykh M. N. Zakonodatel'naya politika rossiyskogo samoderzhaviya v otnoshenii evreev vo vtoroy polovine XIX – nachale ХХ v. [Legislative policy of the Russian sovereignty in relation to jews in the second half of XIX – early XX centuries]. Omsk, 2004, 164 p. [In Russian]
8. Galashova N. B. Evrei v Tomskoy gubernii vo vtoroy polovine XIX – nachale XX vv.: dis. kand. ist. nauk: 07.00.02 [Jews in Tomsk province in the seconf half of XIX – early XX centuries: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of historical sciences]. Tomsk, 2004, 228 p. [In Russian]
9. Goncharov A. N. Sibirskiy evreyskiy sbornik [Siberian Jewish collection]. 1992, no. 1, pp. 79–89. [In Russian]
10. Polnoe sobranie zakonov Rossiyskoy imperii. Sobr. 2 [Ultimate collection of laws of the Russian Empire. Collection 2]. Vol. XXXVI, no. 37684. [In Russian]
11. Polnoe sobranie zakonov Rossiyskoy imperii. Sobr. 2 [Ultimate collection of laws of the Russian Empire. Collection 2]. Vol. LIV, no. 59236. [In Russian]
12. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Ivanovskoy oblasti (GAIO) [State Archive of Ivanovo region (GAIO)]. F. 339. Op. 2. D. 82. [In Russian]
13. GAIO. F. 339. Op. 2. D. 51. [In Russian]
14. GAIO. F. 339. Op. 2. D. 83. [In Russian]
15. GAIO. F. 339. Op. 2. D. 96. [In Russian]
16. GAIO. F. 4. Op. 1. D. 1562. [In Russian]
17. GAIO. F. 339. Op. 2. D. 106. [In Russian]
18. GAIO. F. 4. Op. 1. D. 1212. [In Russian]